Saturday, October 13, 2007

A HUNTIN' HE WILL GO!

OK, I wasn't going to blog this weekend as not doing anything; however, I have to tell you about JR's hunting trip.

He and his brother, Sig, get up a 5:00 A.M. and leave for the big hunt at 6:00, after scouting the area the day before. Well, he was rather irritated because he said there were a couple of guys out there with rifles and dogs, and hunting season didn't open until today. I think he really wanted to call Game and Fish on them, but figured what's the use. Well, about 8:00 A.M. I thought I heard something in the house, but figured, nah, JR can't be back this soon, must be noise outside. WRONG!!! In pops JR. He tells me that he got to the place he wanted to hunt but he couldn't get his lock off the gun! He dropped his brother off, came home and got out the directions for the lock, and got it off!! Next, he tells me that he was stopped by Game and Fish; they were just checking licenses. Well, he tells them about the two guys hunting yesterday, and they inform him that yesterday was opening day. He says, "no way" the book says October 13th." Well, he looks it up when he gets home and rightously points out that the book says opening day is October 13th. I solemnly point out that the book is for 2006-2007, and it does say October 13th. 2006!!! He then takes off again to go pick up his brother and head back out. Now about this time I'm thinking, "doesn't this just scream out that this guy shouldn't be hunting!" Off he goes, merrily on his way. Now, I have to admit, I detest guns, hate them, scared of them, and on and on. I hate to even see him go because I am scared someone will accidently shoot him. Well, after this experience, I'm kinda feeling sorry for poor Sig, who doesn't even have a gun (thank God!), but might be at a disadvantage! Really, all joking aside, JR has taken gun classes, etc. I know in my heart that the poor quail don't have much to worry about because he isn't that great of a shot! They were probably laughing their asses off when he couldn't get the lock off!!! He tells me, geez, I didn't even get to use my new boots!! Well, he arrived home three hours later. Guess what? He didn't even have one little bird!!! Told you they didn't need to worry! Until next time,

Ciao Baby!

Oh yeah, I did ask him why he didn't ask the Game and Fish people how to open the lock, and he responded that he was too embarrassed. I guess I would be too. Heck, I'd be scared they take my license away from me!!

2 comments:

bobby said...

I feel really bad laughing at John's expense, but that was funny. Especially cause I heard the whole story being told in my head with your voice and that cackling laugh you have. ;)

Linda said...

And believe me, Bobby, we were both laughing so hard when he came back the first time!!

It's kind of like you and the golf story, where you hit the ball and you it went backwards.

Good laughs. Love ya