Thursday, June 19, 2008

SAN DIEGO

Just got home from our trip to San Diego.  It was fun, but I'm burned out.  The guys really enjoyed the U. S. Open, and John said it was so neat to be able to go with JJ and Travis (and you too, Tim).  Thanks to all the wives for sharing their husbands, and the kids too, since it was Father's Day.  My hubby had a memorable Father's Day with both his sons!!!  My sis and I took Trav to the airport on Monday, but beforehand we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Filippi's .  It is mine and Trav's favorite place to get pizza.  We made sure to send some home for Traci......hope you enjoyed it!!!  Tuesday, JR, Donna and I went to lunch at Lowes Resort in Coronado.....it was fabulous.  Ours was compliments of Linda and Larry with our birthday gift cards, and Donna's was compliments of JR and I with her Christmas gift card (all received two years ago!). Wednesday we went to dinner with Linda and Larry.  We started off with drinks at their house were we toasted our anniversary with a bottle of champagne.  They then presented us with a bottle of Mumm's champagne from their winery trip last month, and a beautiful professional picture of our granddaughter, Taylor.  She is turning into such a young lady!! Where did our little girl go? We went to dinner at Romesco's and it was very good......JR, Donna, and I split a salad, paella, and a delicious penn pasta dish.  The menu was loaded with other items that I would love to try. Maybe next time.  And, before we knew it, it was Thursday morning and time to head home.  I'm always glad to get back to my house, but I miss San Diego too!!!  We will be going back to my sister's condo at Lawrence Welk soon and will get to see everyone again. Already looking forward to it.  Hope it gets here before gas reaches $5 a gallon!!!  Highest we paid was $4.79, yup, you guessed it, San Diego!  Premium!!!  

Until Later,

Ciao Baby!

4 comments:

Fickle Obsessor said...

I've never heard of someone eating at Romesco. My buddy's friend owns it but I've never gone there. Maybe I'll have to try it out.

Good to see you guys and I'll have to walk John through signing up for junior college before he comes out here in August.

Unknown said...

Can't believe you posted so fast, I'm proud of you!

Megan said...

I'm hurt... I was left out of your weekend all together! What about you meeting Noah, or hanging out with us and Rachel and Caleb. Thats ok. I see where my place is now.

bobby said...

Gas is even more expensive where I live. Come on out and visit us sometime!!

Of course that's what you get for buying premium...gas snob!