Sunday, June 24, 2007

Shrek and the Grand Canyon Caverns























Let's see, Friday we picked Zach up and started our adventure with Shrek 3. It was pretty good, not as good as the first, but still watchable. I love the Shrek movies. Oh yeah, Zach liked it too. However, he really would like to see Transformers, but feels he is too young (who told him that?). I told him it would probably be fine, I mean heck it was a preview at this movie, and they only showed previews for kids. After Shrek we went to Sams to get ribs for dinner, although Zach would have preferred that we have dinner at Baskin Robbins. He is also obsessed with Leslies, the new pool store that has opened in his neighborhood......why? Because he saw toys in it, who cares if he has a pool! Anyway, when we got home John and I were ready for a little down time, not Zach. So we ate, played outside, took a bath, and finally wound down about eight. He and I started to watch the movie Cars, which I have been dying to see, but we couldn't make it past nine, so I still have a ways to go on that movie.
Saturday, field trip!!! Off we go to the Grand Canyon Caverns. We made it thirty minutes before Zach decided he was hungry. First stop, McDonald's for two Happy Meals, one for Zach and one for John. Then we get to the caverns. Zach had a great time on the tour. Me, I found the paths somewhat steeper than I remember from when we took Taylor. Wonder how steep they'll feel with the next grandkid? Anyway we took an hour tour and I would have had some awesome pics if my camera battery hadn't died! Boy Scout Rule Number One....always be prepared! After the tour, Zach panned for gems, he got some great ROCKS! About three hours later start home......Zach's hungry, but insists he can wait until we get to McDonald's AGAIN! I must confess I decided to partake this time and had a hot fudge sundae. Um, Um, good. Get Zach home at five...go over to Avi and buy tickets for Los Lobos who will be performing there next Friday....went to Gourmet Room and had a wonderful bowl of mussels in garlic butter. Nothing like filling the old body up with fat!!! Donated our money to the Riverside and by the time we got home we were dead on our feet. I think we're too old to be grandparents!!!
Now my helpful bloggers, here are the problems I encounterd with this blog, please help if you can:
1. I can't move my pics where I want them. They will not drag and I cannot cut and paste. Help, please. Do I need to change a setting somewhere?
2. Donna suggested I use a different blogging site, one for dummies. It is called vox.com or something like that. Maybe I will check it out, but hey, I got this far so I can't be that stupid, can I? No answer required.
3. When I previewed my blog and then went back to it, it had thrown in a bunch of extra returns.
4. When I post my blog there are no returns......urgh!!!
This blogging is too time consuming. I need to go skate and treadmill. I quit for tonight, and will wait for your help.
Ciao, Baby!

No comments: