Sunday, July 22, 2007

DIRECTV AND ZACH ATTACK

Don't Buy This!!!! Maybe you'll want to try Dish!!!

OK, it's getting close to the weekend and not going so well......Wednesday night I discover that my practically new DirecTV DVR player is broken......yes, broken! Hey, I need this when I workout! I call DirecTV and after being stuck on the phone for one hour with a girl that has the personality of a wall it turns out they are going to have to ship me a new one. She said it would take 2-3 days...which means 5 since you can't count the weekend. She assured me, well, as much assuring as a "wall" can give you using one or two words, that it usually only takes two days. Guess what??? I don't have my DVR yet. It better be here by Monday. Then, to make matters worse I go online and see that I was charged $21 to ship the dang thing! My blood begins to boil. I grab the phone and tell the rep not only did the girl last night never mention the charge, I had no intention of paying one red cent for shipping. I had purchased over $500 in equipment three months ago and one thing already went out, I could not believe they would have the audacity to charge ME for their crappy equipment. Well, as she was switchiing me to a different department I realized that I was way to angry to deal with these people so I ran over and threw the phone to John and told him to handle it. He did....charge reversed. However, when she started her next sentence with "our policy is..." she opened herself up to John's diatribe......she opted not to listen and just reversed the charge. At least they have one smart person working for them!!!

Friday we decided we needed a "Zach-fix", and picked Zach up and took him to see Ratatouille. John said it grossed him out to see a bunch of rats cooking in a kitchen. I thought it was ok, not great, and since this was Zach's second viewing he was not totally enthralled. I think he likes the previews more! After that we took him on a shopping trip and got him a couple of shirts and a swimsuit. John found a bunch of baby t-shirts on sale for our granddaughter that is due in December. Ever see a man shop for baby clothes, well let me tell you.........he just grabs a bunch, doesn't look at sizes or anything and puts them up on the counter. I told him he should check the sizes and figure out what season it will be when the baby is that age........well, he was having none of that, what he got was just fine! He even had two of the same shirts! Luckily, I caught that and sent him back to at least get a different one! Next we went to Peter Piper Pizza, where Zach and I managed to go through 100 tokens! Zach hit a good one that paid 450 tickets!!! That's my boy! Then we did a little shopping at Lowe's and Home Depot, looking for a new ceiling fan. They're all UGLY!!! About this time John and I were dead on our feet and Zach was still full of energy. We headed over to Trav's store where we were going to drop Zach off. We sat on a bench and waited for Trav while Mr. Energy ran around, never resting for a minute. I'll tell you what.......he makes John and I feel OLD!!! After dropping Zach off, John and I headed over to the Gourmet Room for Happy Hour and to regroup. Once we regained a little of our stamina we gambled a little and then listened to some music. John hit a Royal Flush and I hit six out of six on my keno numbers. We finally headed home and I was shocked to look at the clock as I was taking off my make-up and find that it was 2:00 A.M. Boy, that was a long day.

I am now going to finish off the weekend getting ready for my trip to San Diego on Friday. We are going to a wedding on Saturday. John's cousin's daughter is getting married so we are flying in for the wedding. I didn't stop to think when I made the reservations to fly out at 9:00 Friday morning that I would have to get up at 3:00 A.M. to accomplish that feat! I kind of forgot about the two hour drive to the Las Vegas airport, so next Friday will be another long day. We are looking forward to going and seeing everyone, so it will be worth it!!!

Until later,

Ciao Baby!

2 comments:

Fickle Obsessor said...

It's funny how some Bombay at the Gourmet Room re-energized you guys!!! 2:00am??? That's late even for young old-people like me and Megan.

Linda said...

Hey, watch it!!!! I'll have you know I only had a diet coke, and ONE cranberry martini! See ya all on Friday!!! Filippi's if you have time to join us!!